Frequently Asked Questions
- I have a service to offer, how do I get involved? Simply fill in the form at the "Create Account" link on the left hand side of the Homepage, you'll receive an email to confirm your email address, once this is done you can log in, click on "Advertise" and follow the prompts to create your listing.
- I've just created an account but can't log in. If it's your first log-in, check your email - you should have a confirmation which contains a link to confirm your email address. You won't be able to log in until this is confirmed. Click on the link and you will be directed to your login screen.
- I've logged in before but now I can't. Check you're using the correct username and password - your password is case-sensitive. If you've forgotten your password, use the Password Reminder link on the Login screen and we'll send a new one to your registered email address.
- Can I post my listing to my social networking profile? Yes, using the Bookmark and Share link on your listing allows you to publish on your Facebook, MySpace or Twitter profile
- My email address/website is not displayed on my listing. You have the option of supplying an email address or website when setting up your listing, these won’t be displayed but visitors can contact you or view your site by using the Send Message and Visit Website links on your listing. You do have the option of displaying a phone number on your listing if you wish.
- How do I create a listing? Make sure you’re logged in, go to My Account and click the Advertise link on the left, then just follow the on-screen/email prompts to complete your listing.
- How do I edit my listing? Make sure you’re logged in, go to My Account and click the Orders link on the left. Any listings you’ve created will be shown there. In the Manage column, click the 'edit' link. The page that opens contains links to edit and view your listing.
- How do I know if my listing has been viewed? Make sure you’re logged in, go to My Account and click the Orders link on the left. Any listings you’ve created will be shown there. In the Manage column, click the 'edit' link. The page that opens contains a link to view your listing’s statistics.
- I'm looking for a student supplier, how much will I pay? The pricing of services offered by students will be determined by the service provider – SchoolyWeds.com will not provide any pricing guidelines for wedding services.
- I'm not a student, can I still advertise? Yes, SchoolyWeds offer a very affordable low cost listings option for professional wedding & event suppliers too, just follow the instructions in question 1 above, and you'll find this option.
- What are Keywords and META Keywords? These are words or phrases that will help visitors search for & find your listing. Keywords help them to search on SchoolyWeds.com, while META Keywords help to search on the wider internet, via search engines. You have the option to choose up to 6 of each when creating your listing. If you choose to do so, enter each phrase separated with a comma. Eg. photographer, student photographer, student photography etc...
- What is a META Description? This is a short description of your service that will appear in search engine results when your listing is displayed, so that visitors get a convenient preview of what you offer before they click to visit your SchoolyWeds page. You have the option of entering one of these when creating your listing.
If none of the above advice helps to solve your issue, or if you're not sure, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tips - How to get the most out of SchoolyWeds.com
- Request references if they are not made available and you feel this is necessary, your supplier may be able to obtain a reference from their tutor.
- Communicate well – always give clear and precise details of your expectations. This will enable your supplier to deliver a service that meets your needs, and to cost their service accurately.
- Ensure your profile is as complete as possible, state if references are available, encourage clients or tutors to submit a review or rate your service. This will all help to build trust in your ability and encourage customers to approach you.
- If you don’t have a website of your own you can paste a link to your own public photo album on Facebook, Flickr etc into the website field when submitting or editing your listing. This will place a Visit Website link on your listing that visitors can access.
What we do for students, and what we don't do!
SchoolyWeds.com is not affiliated with, nor associated with Facebook, MySpace, Twitter or Flickr.
Facebook is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc
MySpace is a Registered Trademark of News Corp
Twitter is a registered trademark of Twitter Inc
Flickr is a registered Trademark of Yahoo! Inc